November 15, 2021
What You Need to Know About Website Cookies and Privacy Policies
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on mobile devices, computers, and laptops to track someone’s progress across a website. These cookies are important for remembering information about someone that might make the website easier to meet their needs. For example, cookies might be used to remember someone’s language preferences. Or, they might be used to remember certain display preferences. They can even remember what someone looked at last time to make it easier for someone to find what they are looking for next time.
There are multiple types of cookies. For example, first-party cookies are set by the website owner, while third-party cookies are set by other organizations that might be offering something on the website.
• They make it easier for the website to recognize the device and display content.
• Cookies make it easier for someone to navigate the website.
• Website cookies allow for a personalized browsing experience.
• They make it easier for someone to register for events.
• Cookies provide information that allows the owner of the website to make improvements.
These are just a few of the many ways that website cookies may be used.
• Everyone using the website has the right to know what information is being collected and how that information is being used.
• Privacy policies are also important for websites to protect themselves, disclosing what they are and are not responsible for.
These are just a few of the most important reasons why privacy policies and cookies are important.
It is relatively easy for websites and users to update their cookies and privacy policies. The various types of cookies include:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are always active because they are necessary for the website to function properly
• Performance Cookies: These allow the websites to track their numbers of users and where they go on the website.
• Functional Cookies: These are important for website functionalization and personalization.
• Targeting Cookies: These are commonly used to tailor advertisers to meet the demographics of the user.
If you need privacy policies and cookie information added to your website we can consult on how to do that. Feel free to contact us (hyper link to contact form) for more information.